Here is one of the recipes you can do that with.
Stuff to Grab:
- Red Quinoa - a half cup for each serving, more if you are hungry! I buy mine at Whole Foods in bulk. If you cannot find red quinoa, plain quinoa will work just fine
- Water - enough to cover the quinoa and about 1 inch more
- Salt - about 1 teaspoon
- Brown sugar - about a 1/2 cup should do it, you can use honey or molasses for an even healthier alternative
- Cinnamon - about a tablespoon, or more if you really like cinnamon
- Nuts - I used mixed nuts, but peanuts, almonds or pecans would all be great. This is of course optional
Garnish with fresh fruit
Add ginger and cloves for a spicy quinoa
Quinoa can be used just like rice in any savory dishes. It gives gluten free cooking a bit of a twist. The tiny grains are similar in size to couscous and make a very nice replacement to these gluten containing grains.